Odeon MODB 3051
About George Kenny presented now for the first time on Parallel Realities I can tell you only a few facts:
1. George Kenny plays organ
2. He was an Argentinian who settled down in Brazil.
3. He had a steady job playing in the Boite Beguin.
4. This 10′ Lp is his first career album out of altogether two, the other, also released in 1956 as a 10′, named Boas Festas.
Also an impression by Carlos Machado, found on the back cover:
“George Kenny é nos dias presentes considerado um dos maiores organistas do mundo.”
One of the best, or not one of the best, that is now the question and you may answer it to yourself, of course after listening to:
1. Holiday For Strings (David Rose)
2. Guacira (Hekel Tavares / Joracy Camargo)
3. Laura (David Raksin / Johnny Mercer)
4. Apanhei-te Cavaquinho (Ernesto Nazareth)
5. Andalucia (Ernesto Lecuona)
6. Chuá, Chuá (Pedro de Sá Pereira / Ari Pavão)
7. All The Things You Are (Jerome Kern / Oscar Hammerstein II)
8. Liza (George Gershwin / Ira Gershwin / Gus Kahn)
The musicians accompanying George are Brazilians.
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos