Chantecler CMG 2083
Looks like Meditação is the only career album by alt sax and clarinet player and bandleader Marko Rupe. Let’s hope that this is not true and that some hidden recordings will show up, as the music presented is great.
So is the list of musicians:
Marko Rupe (Sax alto, Clarinete)
Wagner Naegele (Piston)
Manoel Araújo (Trombone)
Geraldo Pereira de Mello (Trompa)
Josef Kyjovsky (Sax baritono)
Waldir Marinho e Jorge Marinho (Contrabaixo)
Laerte Vaz de Melo (Piano)
Jorge Miranda (Ritmo)
Yunnes Dumas e Magda Barbosa (Vocal)
The compositions are.
01. Meditação (Tom Jobim / Newton Mendonça)
02. Ninguém É de Ninguém (Umberto Silva / Toso Gomes / Luiz Mergulhão)
03. East Of The Sun (B. Bowman)
04. Choro na Gafieira (João Leal Brito “Britinho”)
05. Ican (E. Cano)
06. João E Maria (Roberto Carlos / Carlos Imperial) Interpretes: Yunes / Marko Rupe
07. My Reverie (Reverie) (Claude Debussy / Vrs. Larry Clinton)
08. Mulher de Trinta (Luis Antônio)
09. I’ll Never Fall In Love Again (Johnnie Ray)
10. Morena Queimada (Bruno Marnet) Interpretes: Marko Rupe / Magda Barbosa
11. Taking a Chance On Love (V. Duke / J. Latouche / T. Fetter)
12. Chora Tua Tristeza (Oscar Castro Neves / Luvercy Fiorini)
A long and informative text about Marko‘s career and his music can be read on the back cover in a text signed by:
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
ABOUT MARKO RUPE by Brazilliance:
In 1962, Marko Rupe, sometimes credited as Marco Ruppi, arranged and conducted the exquisite A Voz Balanco… Samba 35 mm by Sandra.
The next year, he is credited as Maestro on the back cover of Sambalanço by Orquestra Moderna de Sambas which actually is Sandra’s album re-recorded with instrumental versions in different order except Nuvem. You can take a look at this cover on my website.
There seems to be at least one other album by him called Marko Rupe e seu Guitarras Epiphone.