Philips P 630.428 L
Os Vocalistas Modernos for the first time on Parallel Realities with their second career album out of altogether three + two EPs, recorded between 1958 and 1961.
This vocal band consists of five girls: Ivone, Odaléa, Vera, Consuela and Marly and four boys: Edgardo, Cosme, Abelardo and Emanuel all of them combining their voices according to artistic requests by Maestro Carlos Monteiro de Sousa. More about Brazilian vocal bands in general and Os Vocalistas Modernos in particular, you may read in the linear notes on the back cover, written by Lúcio Rangel.
The compositions are:
01. Samba da Minha Terra (Dorival Caymmi)
02. Samba de Uma Nota Só (Tom Jobim / Newton Mendonça)
03. Samba É Isto (Alcebíades Nogueira / José Batista)
04. Samba do Perroquet (Djalma Ferreira / Ivone Rebelo)
05. Samba Torto (Tom Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira)
06. Samba Feliz (Roberto Martins / Osvaldo Santiago)
07. André de Sapato Novo (André Victor Correia)
08. Se Você Jurar (Ismael Silva / Nilton Bastos / Francisco Alves)
09. Gavião Calçudo (Pixinguinha / Cícero de Almeida)
10. Os Quindins de Iaiá (Ary Barroso)
11. Um Chorinho Diferente (Gaúcho / Ivone Rebelo)
12. Casa de Sopapo (Custódio Mesquita / Luis Peixoto)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
London/Odeon LLB 1058
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If you wonder about the New Year‘s start on the 14th of January, the explanation is simple: That’s the date according to the Serbian, Russian etc calendar.
If you wonder now why I have not written Happy New Year using Cyrillic letters, the explanation is also simple: I have still not figured out how to install the language bar in my newly installed version of Ubuntu Studio O.S.
If you wonder who Maestro Maurice Monthier might be, the explanation is not so simple: I do not know much about him, except that his listed discogaphy consists of a series of around 8 career albums with the same title but with a different volume number.
If you wonder how Maurice‘s performance sounds, the answer is simple: Give these songs a listen and judge for yourself:
01. Ti Voglio Tanto Bene (Ernesto de Curtis / Domenico Furnó)
02. Airport Love Theme (Alfred Newman / Paul Francis Webster)
03. Marie Jolie (Evanghelos Papathanassiou / B. Bergman)
04. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (Burt Bacharach / Hal David)
05. A Namorada Que Sonhei (Osmar Navarro)
06. Marie Blanche (G. Bonnet / P. A. Dousset)
07. Midnight Cowboy (John Barry)
08. Quem Sabe (Antônio Carlos Gomes / F. L. Bittencourt Sampaio)
09. I’l Catch The Sun (Rod McKuen)
10. Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday (Bryan Wells / Ron Miller)
11. Gwendolyne (Julio Iglesias)
12. Hoje (Taiguara)
PLAY IT AGAIN, MAURICE!
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
MAURICE’S REAL NAME by firstname.lastname@example.org: Pseudonimo do Maestro Carlos Monteiro de Souza.