Fantasia/Philips FLP 2033
Orquestra Pop de Sucessos has tonight it’s first appearance on Parallel Realities. So far it seems that it will also be their last, as, besides this LP presented, there is no mention of this orchestra anywhere, at least not under that name. The (back) cover itself describes the sucessos but gives no information about the orchestra.
The only information is the music recorded, pleasant, melodic, suave and well performed:
01. Ma Vie (Alain Barrière)
02. Preciso Aprender A Ser Só (Marcos Valle / Paulo Sérgio Valle)
03. Queria (Luiz Carlos Paraná)
04. Il Mondo (Jimmy Fontana / Carlo Pes / Gianni Meccia)
05. Stasera Pago Io (Domenico Modugno)
06. Ya Nada Soy (Gonzalo Curiel)
07. Io Che Non Vivo (Senza Te) (Vito Pallavicini / Pino Donaggio)
08. Elle Était Si Jolie (Alain Barrière)
09. Que C’est Triste Venise (Charles Aznavour / F. Dorin)
10. Pequeno Concerto Que Ficou Canção (Geraldo Vandré)
11. Concerto D’amore (H. Hoetter)
12. Enquanto Existir Briga, Existe O Amor (José Di)
MAYBE YOU KNOW MORE? New link
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
REVIEW by Brazilliance:
Perhaps it is one of those formations whose musicians could not be credited due to contractual reasons?
The only other information available: four of these songs were issued on a six-piece compilation titled “Ritmos e Melodias Na Música Popular“.
Anyway, enjoyable renditions, especially of Pino Donaggio‘s “Io Che Non Vivo Senza Te” (best known by the fabulous Dusty Springfield as “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me“) and Domenico Modugno‘s “Stasera Pago Io“.