Thanks to Pedro & 300discos there is almost daily a premiere of previously (to me) unknown albums on Parallel Realities…
Tonight it is Álvaro do Violão Tenor‘s album from 1985.
Álvaro‘s artistic name explains exactly which instrument he is playing, as well as the title of this LP explains the genres of the music recorded.
The track list does the rest of the explanation about the repertoire:
01. Nota Dez (Álvaro Brochado)
02. Saxofone Por Que Choras (Severino Rangel “Ratinho”)
03. Subindo Ao Céu (Aristides Manuel Borges)
04. O Tigre da Lapa (Luis Americano)
05. Eu Quero É Sossego (K-Ximbinho)
06. Balzakiana (Álvaro Brochado)
07. Prelúdio Em Sol Menor Em Tempo de Valsa (Álvaro Brochado)
08. Odeon (Ernesto Nazareth)
09. Com Quem Pode Não Se Brinca (Álvaro Brochado)
10. Saudade Eterna (Santos Coelho)
11. Cuidado Violão (José Toledo)
12. Tico-Tico No Fubá (Zequinha de Abreu)
The link gives the opportunity to enjoy Álvaro and his musicians performing Valsas and Corinhos, and to have some good times while doing it.
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos