A compilation album of songs by the Conjunto Farroupilhas and
Trio Nagô, where each vocal group has it’s side on this LP released by Rádio at a date which I could only guess.
While Conjunto Farroupilhas has been featured lately in this parallel reality, Trio Nagô has, apart from one song on the 20 Anos da Nacional (1956) posted in another reality about 3 years ago, their first appearance today.
There is not much that I know about Trio Nagô except that they consist of Mário, Evaldo and Epaminondas and that they have released at least 5 career albums in the period from 1956 to 1959 + 5 compactos / EPs and around 30 78 rpms, starting from 1953.
The compositions selected in accordance with the title of this compilation are:
01. Negrinho do Pastoreio (Barbosa Lessa) Conjunto Farroupilhas
02. Balaio (Tradicional / Adpt. Barbosa Lessa / Adpt. Paixão Cortes) Conjunto Farroupilhas
03. Tatu (Barbosa Lessa / Paixão Cortes) Conjunto Farroupilhas
04. Me Dá Um Mate (Barbosa Lessa): Conjunto Farroupilhas
05. Amargo (Lupicínio Rodrigues / Piratini) Conjunto Farroupilhas
06. Carreteiro (Barbosa Lessa) Conjunto Farroupilhas
07. O Jangadeiro (Cyro Monteiro / Dias da Cruz) Trio Nagô
08. O Gemedor (Gilvan Chaves) Trio Nagô
09. Adeus de Xique-xique (Paulo Neves) Trio Nagô
10. Tropeiro do Sol (Graça Batista / Antônio Aguiar) Trio Nagô
11. Iaiá Da Bahia Chegou (João Mello / Clodoaldo Brito) Trio Nagô
12. O Vaqueiro (Luiz Vieira) Trio Nagô
NORTE E SUL
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
Discos Drink LP-DF-13.011
Araken Peixoto has been featured two times on Parallel Realities playing as member of Djalma Ferreira‘a conjunto.
Now we have the opportunity to enjoy his solo album, recorded for Discos Drink, a company run by Djalma Ferreira. Araken has another album released for the same high spirited recording label, which has, by the way, published (as far as I could find out) altogether 11 albums, most of them starring, no surprise here, Djalma Ferreira with his conjunto.
The back cover displays a detailed text about Araken‘s personal life and career, written by the mIsterious Mister ECO .
The musicians playing together with Araken are:
Julinho e Canseira (Ritmo)
The compositions performed are
01. Isto É Samba (J. Canseira / Paulo Silva)
02. A Canção Que Nasceu do Amor (Rildo Hora / Clóvis Mello)
03. Amei Demais (Anselmo Mazzoni) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
04. Johnny Guitar (Victor Young / Peggy Lee)
05. Reza Por Nosso Amor (Haroldo Lobo / Milton de Oliveira)
06. Vai Amor (Izaias Ferreira / Jorge de Oliveira)
07. Larga o Meu Pé (Monsueto / Aloísio França) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
08. Serenata do Adeus (Vinicius de Moraes)
09. Aprendeu a Lição (Ataulfo Alves / Luiz Bandeira) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
10. Passo do Elefantinho (Henry Mancini)
11. Manda Brasa (Pega Lenha) (Luiz Bandeira) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
12. Moon River (Henry Mancini / Johnny Mercer)
DRINK, DRINK, DRINK AT THE DRINK
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
PROBABLE RELEASE DATE by Brazilliance:
I assume, this fine album is from 1963 because the earliest verifiable recording of A Canção Que Nasceu do Amor is also from 1963 by Araken‘s brother Cauby Peixoto. Unfortunately, the catalogue numbers of Discos Drink are not exactly in chronological order which is why they are not reliable.