Discos Drink DLP DF 13.007
Djalma Ferreira and his immensely rich rhythm section just arrived inside a new package sent by Pedro & 300discos.
A rarity from ’58 and Djalma‘s first album released for his Discos Drink. No Miltinho here, but there is Luiz Bandeira and on one track Lila de Oliveira, Dalva de Oliveira’s sister who we have already met several times in another parallel reality.
The heavy drinking atmosphere in the boite Drink recorded on the Discos Drink label may be clearly imagined while enjoying a cool drink and/or while dancing to these compositions:
01. Choro Sim (Djalma Ferreira / Iza Ferreira) Luiz Bandeira e coro
02. Agradeço a Você (Djalma Ferreira / Luiz Bandeira) Luiz Bandeira e coro
03. Nunca Mais (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César) Lila de Oliveira e coro
04. Vendaval (Djalma Ferreira / Carlos Barroso)
05. St. Louis Blues (William Christopher Handy)
06. Já Me Convenci (Djalma Ferreira / Iza Ferreira) Luiz Bandeira e coro
07. Tamborim (Carlos Barroso / Humberto Teixeira) Luiz Bandeira e coro
08. Murmurio (Djalma Ferreira / Luiz Antonio)
09. Drink Em São Paulo (Djalma Ferreira / Paulo Nunes) Luiz Bandeira e coro
10. Penumbra (Djalma Ferreira / Jair Amorim)
11. Confissão (Djalma Ferreira / Luiz Bandeira) Luiz Bandeira e coro
12. Summertime (G. Gerswin)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
DATE EDIT by Andreas Dünnewald – Brazilliance:
Auf der Vorderseite steht die Katalognummer DLP DF 13.007 – dieses Album steht also zwischen Convite ao Drink und Combinação Insuperável und ist somit von 1960.
Columbia LPCB 37168
Dalva de Oliveira‘s lesser known sister Lila‘s album from 1961 with Astor e Seu Conjunto, which has been posted a few years ago on Toque. I do not know if the link at Toque‘s works or not, but anyway, this is another transfer (by Pedro) and another cover scan.
Several friends, when comparing Lila to Dalva de Oliveira, with due respect to Dalva commented that Lila has the undefinable “Something” that Dalva lacks.
Judge yourself by listening to:
01. Choro Sim (Djalma Ferreira / Iza Ferreira)
02. Nunca Mais (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César)
03. Amor Perigoso (Erasmo Silva / Inácio Heleno)
04. É Gostoso (Armando Nunes / Othon Russo)
05. Vai Com Deus (Luiz Bandeira / Silvio César)
06. Gota de Orvalho (Luis Antônio / Fernando César)
07. Destino (Djalma Ferreira / Luis Antônio)
08. Vendaval (Djalma Ferreira / Carlos Barroso)
09. Olhou Pra Mim (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César)
10. Saudade Intrusa (Vadico)
11. Amor De Mentirinha (Carlos Morais / Carlos Santana Lima “carlito”)
12. Boa Noite Saudade (Luis Antônio / João Leal Brito ”Britinho”)
Créditos: Pedro & 300 discos
Here is another re post from loronix, featuring the organ player Celso Murilho with the cast of the legendary night club Drink, The performers are Lila. Sandra (a great voice, unfortunately died in a car crash while going to receive an award as newcomer of the year). Wilson Simonal and Luis Bandeira.
Great atmosphere and good music. A must for every night clubber. Read more about it inside the first comment where Zeca‘s original text is located.
Enjoy yourselves and dance to:
01. Tem Que Balançar (Carlos Imperial) – Wilson Simonal
02. Pra Que Mentir (Luis Bandeira / Djalma Ferreira) – Lila
03. Meu Balanço (Américo Cerqueira) – Luis Bandeira
04. Poema das Mãos (Luis Antônio) – Sandra
05. Boêmio (Carlos Barroso) – Luis Bandeira
06. Céu e Mar (Johnny Alf) – Celso Murilo
07. Eu Voltei (Luis Bandeira) – Luis Bandeira
08. A Tua Volta (Sebastião Barros) – Sandra
09. Olhou Pra Mim (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César) – Wilson Simonal
10. Caminhando (Luis Bandeira) – Lila
11. Deixa a Nega Gingar (Luis Cláudio) – Luis Bandeira
12. Ôba (Oswaldo Nunes) – Luis Bandeira / Wilson Simonal / Sandra
ÔBA NO DRINK
Créditos: Zecalouro / Caetano Rodrigues
This is a compacto released 1964 in a side branch of innumerable realities which exist parallel to our. In our reality the two songs by Lila appeared on an album called Isto é o Drink (see previous post).
- Pra Que Mentir
Lila, sister of Dalva de Oliveira, cantora da noite (singer in nightclubs) recorded only two albums: Gosto da Noite which I received last night from Edson Mendes as a perfect, clear transfer and with high quality scans of front and back cover (as always the case with Edson’ presents), and another called A madrugada na voz which was posted by toque some time ago. She recorded beside these lps only one song which is a part of a compilation called Isto é o Drink which can be found at loronix.
Personally I love cantoras de noite in general and Lila sounds better to me than her sister Dalva. Why her career was so short and unnoticed is a mystery which maybe somebody will explain in form of a comment…
- É um estouro (Jayme Silva – Neusa Teixeira – Luiz Pereira)
- Quero amar (Ed Lincoln – Durval Ferreira)
- Confissão (Luiz Bandeira – Djalma Ferreira)
- Que tristeza é essa? (Sylvio Cesar)
- Conselho a quem quiser voltar (Sylvio Cesar)
- Pra que? (Sylvio Cesar)
- Cansei (Djalma Ferreira – Luiz Antonio)
- Está nascendo um samba (Tito Madi – Romeo Nunes)
- Preciso dar um jeito (Sylvio Cesar)
- Gosto da noite (Newton Pereira – Ivan Paulo)
- Eu te agradeço (Sylvio Cesar)
- Amor demais (Sylvio Cesar)
Creditos: Edson Mendes