Not exactly a premiere on Parallel Realities, as one composition by Guarujá Boys was featured on a compilation album which was posted HERE (in another reality).
Now they are arriving with a career album (the only one?) recorded at a date unknown to me..
But beware: The singing lady decorating the front cover, Neusa Magalli Collunna “Maggy“, described on the back cover as Crooner and in words that made my mouth water (…canta com sua voz suave, encanta o publico…) was a heavy disappointment for me. Not because of her singing, but because she is not singing at all on this album (at least I did not hear even a meow by her).
On the other hand, the Boys are presenting these compositions in a superb way:
01. Influênсia do Jazz (Сarlos Lуra)
02. Nothing ever changes my love for you (Marvin Fischer / J.Segal)
03. Suave é A Noite (Paul Francis Webster / Sammy Sain)
04. Dreamin’ (Barry de Vorzon / Ted Ellis)
05. Garota de Ipanema (Antonio C.Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
06. Lullaby in rhythm (Goodman / Sampson / Profit / Hirsch)
07. Vê Se Me Esquece (Jean Haidar)
08. Al-Di-Lá (Drake / Donida)
09. Hully Gully Guarujá (Picky / Antônio C.Sobrino)
10. Ternurinha (Teresa Sousa)
11. Poinciana (Nat Simon)
12. You don’t know what love is (Don Raye / Gene Paul)
WHERE IS MAGGY?
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
Simonetti Gravações LP-100
A various artists type of recording done for Simonetti Gravações a only one of the kind (at least so i looks to me) venture of Maestro Simonetti as record manufacturer. It was recorded, as far as I understood the Portuguese text on the back cover, as an invitation for a Baile de Formatura taking place on the 9-12-1966 at the Rotary Club de São Paulo. The performers are listed alongside each track while the orchestras accompanying them are led by Zézinho da T.V. and Luiz Arruda Paes.
What Walt Disney‘s crazy inventor was inventing at that time, as well as why he is prominently displayed on the front cover at all (where one would expect Zézinho, Luiz Arruda Paes, both of them, or at least a good looking girl), I don’t know, but sooner or later, the answer will hopefully arrive in form of a comment…
While waiting, enjoy these tracks:
01. Arrastão (Edu Lobo / Vinicius de Moraes) – Carlos Piper
02. Sevilha Mambo (Juan Amadeu) – Arley e Sua Orquestra Melódica
03. Au Privave (Charlie Parker) – Biriba Boys
04. Exodus (Ernest Gold) – Peruzzi e Sua Orquestra
05. Consolação (Baden Powel / Vinicius de Moraes) – Birutas do Ritmo
06. Abre-Te Sézamo (Marques / Molina) – Simonetti Ritmos
07. O Morro Não Tem Vez (A.C.Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes) – Consolação (Baden Powel / Vinicius de Moraes) – Terra de Ninguém (Marcos Valle / Paulo Sergio Valle) – Primitivos Brasileiros
08. The Song is You (Kern / Hammerstein) – Zézinho da TV, Luiz Arruda Paes Coral e Cordas
09. Garota Moderna (Jair Amorim / Evaldo Gouveia) – Orquestra Excelsior
10. Fascinação (F.Marcheti) – Orquestra Excelsior
11. Zelão (Sérgio Ricardo) – Ritmistas Modernos
12. From Russia with Love (Lionel Bart) – Guarujá Boys
13. Vivo Sonhando (A.C.Jobim) – Três Américas
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
OBSERVATION by Bossanov: Some days ago at Toque the same LP of Simonetti was published with another cover (good looking girl!!!)