Thanks to Stu Blagden, our friend from England, I am able to present a rarity by Poly (famous for his Hawaiian guitar playing) where he plays the classical bossa nova style guitar.
Note that the title Debut does not mean that it is Poly‘s first album, but it is, I believe, his US debut described on the front cover as The Exciting Premiere of the Brazilian Guitar Virtuoso Poly (released by Epic in 1966?).
Stu could not tell me the names of the musicians backing Poly, but he included the track list together with the names of the composers:
01. Um Punhadinho de Estralas (Mario Albanese)
02. A Brazilian In New York (O. Izar)
03. E Luxo Só (Ary Barroso)
04. O Caminho das Estrelas (Mario Albanese / C. Pereira)
05. Em Meus Braços… A Ilusao (Mario Albanese)
06. Brazilian Summer (M. Vaughan)
07. Sonhando Azul (Mario Albanese / C. Pereira)
08. Maria Ninguem (Carlos Lyra)
09. Canção de Poly (Z. de Mello)
10. Nois Dois e a Tarde (Mario Albanese)
11. Bate Caração (Z. de Mello)
12. Domingo Sentimental (Z. De Mello / Poly)
Créditos: Stu Blagden
SOUND EDIT by Edson Mendes:
There was a problem with the edition of tracks 9 and 10: track 9 is complete but it contains part of track 10, and track 10 is missing its initial part.
So, I fixed this problem and also remastered all tracks, as they had a very long initial silence (for my taste), and also removed some noise from the original long-play: