Guitar player and band leader Ladico (Geraldo da Silva) and his conjunto have recorded at least 5 albums.
Still, I must confess that this is my first encounter with their music, also that it is an extremely pleasant one.
To find out details about this album and the career of the conjunto so far (there are two albums released after this one) i am happy to point to a concise and informative text written by Gilberto V. da Rosa, which may be read on the back cover.
The musicians are:
Geraldo da Silva “Ladico” – Guitarra
Arnaldo José dos Santos – Sax
Rubens Sobral – Piano
Varonil Macedo – Contra-baixo
José Gabriel – Bateria
José Oliveira – Ritmo
The compositions performed:
01. Lamento (Djalma Ferreira / Luis Antônio)
02. Mil Recados (Norival Reis / Jorge Duarte)
03. A Fonte Secou (Monsueto / Tufic Lauar / Marcléo)
04. Ladico no Choro (Ladico / Hélio Quaresma)
05. Jogando Sozinho (Luis de França)
06. Chiquito (Ladico / Arnaldo Jr.)
07. Le Ragazze Di Piazza Di Spagna (Mario Ruccione / A. Marchionne)
08. With All My Heart (Le Gondolier) (Bob Marcucci / Peter de Angelis)
09. Sereno (Aloísio T. de Carvalho)
10. Johnny Guitar (Victor Young / Peggy Lee)
11. All The Way (James Van Heusen / Sammy Cahn)
12. Cry Me A River (Arthur Hamilton)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos