Som Livre 406.0120
Paulo Moura: Saxofone
Alex Meirelles: Teclados
Paulo Muylaert: Guitarra
Ricardo Feijão: Baixo
Marcos Suzano: Percussão, Pandeiro solo
Carlos Negreiros: Atabaques, Voz
01. Noite de Temporal (Dorival Caymmi)
02. Só Louco (Dorival Caymmi)
03. Doralice (Dorival Caymmi/Antônio Almeida)
04. Marina (Dorival Caymmi)
05. Acalanto (Dorival Caymmi)
06. O Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
07. Dora (Dorival Caymmi)
08. Oração de Mãe Menininha (Dorival Caymmi)
09. Sargaço Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
Promessa de Pescador (Dorival Caymmi)
10. Suíte dos Pescadores (Dorival Caymmi)
Odeon MODB 3062
An Odeon showcase:
01. Foi a noite (A. C. Jobim / Newton Mendonça) – Sylvia Telles
02. Só Louco (Dorival Caymmi) – Dorival Caymmi
03. Molambo (Jayme Florence / Augusto Mesquita) – Roberto Luna
04. Não diga não ((Tito Madi / Georges Henry) – Heleninha Silveira
05. Prece (Alberto Ribeiro) – Dalva de Oliveira
06. Contando estrelas (Alfredo Borba / Edson Borges) – Isaura Garcia
07. Brasa (Lupicinio Rodrigues / Felisberto Martins) – Orlando Silva
08. Siga (Hélio Guimarães / Fernando Lobo) – Trio Irakitan
The pleasant voice of Heleninha Silveira I have never heard before, so this encounter came as a pleasant surprise. Immediate research revealed 5 listed 78 rpm albums recorded in the period from 1955 to 1957.
Edson Mendes informed me in a second mail that three more of Heleninha‘s songs can be found on Youtube.
Why she has not continued her singing career is a mystery to me.
Créditos: Edson Mendes
After the previous album I planned to post (I won’t say which one) was completely rejected by Depositfiles, I was almost absolutely sure that similar will happen with this Various Artists Avant Premiere by Odeon.
Not happy about being right, I checked the files one by one to identify the Polar Bears hidden in the zip.
Unfortunatelly there were three of them and all three were removed from the zip.
The 9 out of 12 tracks that can be enjoyed after download are not marked in red:
01. Quero Beijar-te As Mãos (Arcenio de Carvalho / Lourival Falssal) Anisio Silva (removed from zip)
02. Coqueiro de Itapoan (Dorival Caymmi) Dorival Caymmi (removed from zip)
03. Ouvindo O Gaia (Tia Amélia) Tia Amélia com A Banda Vila Rica
04. Ai ai ai I Like you very much (Gordon / Warren) Carmen Miranda com O Bando da Lua e Orquestra
05. Horas Iguais (J.M. de Abreu / Francisco Mattoso) Orlando Silva
06. Laura (Johnny Mercer) Luis Arruda Paes e Sua Orquestra
07. Atirei O Pau No Gato (Motivo popular recolhido por Stellinha Egg) Stellhinha Egg E As Meninas da Casa de Lázaro
08. Maria La Ô (Ernesto Lecuona) Waldemiro Lemke, Sua Orquestra e Côro
09. Sábias Palavras (Marino Pinto / Mario Rossi) Dalva de Oliveira
10. Gago Apaixonado (Noel Rosa) Moreira da Silva (removed from zip)
11. Lá Vem A Baiana (Dorival Caymmi) Lúcio Alves
12. Sentinela Alerta (Ary Barroso) João Petra
AN UNCOMPLETE AVANT PREMIERE
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
The 10′ collection by Trio Surdina continues with their interpretations of works by Dorival Caymmi, Ary Barroso and Noel Rosa:
Lado 1- MD 199:
01. João Valentão (Dorival Caymmi)
02. Quando Eu Penso Na Bahia (Ary Barroso)
03. Feitio De Oração (Noel Rosa, Vadico)
04. Dora (Dorival Caymmi)
Lado 2- MD 200:
05. Vai Haver Barulho No Chateau (Noel Rosa, Valfrido Silva)
06. Três Lágrimas (Ary Barroso)
07. Sábado Em Copacabana (Dorival Caymmi, Carlos Guinle)
08. Boneca De Pixe (Ary Barroso, Luiz Iglesias)
DORA BY DORIVAL
Créditos: Alfredo Del-Penho
QUESTION by Gabriel Botari: Trio Surdina have the original formation(Fafa, Chiquinho, Garoto) on this cd(lp) ?
REMARK by 300discos: When I first saw this 10″ I thought it was a compilation of 2 10″: Ary Barroso (M008) and Trio Surdina Interpreta Noel Rosa e Dorival Caymmi (M014), both from 1953, and with the original Trio Surdina formation. However, none of the tracks here is present on the 1953 10″. This makes me think that maybe the tracks were recorded by the original Trio Surdina and were not put on the 1953 10″s because there was no space in the discs for them.