Columbia LPCB 35054
Zilá Fonseca‘s Sambas da Saudade Vol 2 has been presented for the first time in another reality some eight years ago. At this time I mentioned in the accompanying text that logic says that where there is a volume 2, there must be also a volume 1.
So far Zilá Fonseca‘s Sambas da Saudade Vol 1 has not appeared anyplace, not even with a mention, least of all with a download link or a picture of the cover.
This mystery remained a mystery until yesterday when I received from Pedro & 300discos the same album, this time in form of a Pedro transfer and cover.
Not that the package included any clue about the missing volume 1, but it induced me to perform another search, needles to say, a fruitless one.
Frustrated, I sent a mail to my friend, the famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, explaining the problem that has been bothering me for such a long time.
Almost immediately, I got a reply which I will quote here:
Mon cher Milan,
It seems to me that you have been formulating the wrong question so you can not expect to get an answer.
Pourquoi? Parce qu’il n’existe pas!
There is not a first volume of Zilá Fonseca‘s Sambas da Saudade but there is a first one of Columbia‘s Sambas da Saudade series of two 10′ albums.
In fact, the “missing” album it is right under your nose:
In this parallel reality which you are trying to make decent folks believe in.
Voilà, click this link and see for yourself.
1. Se Acaso Você Chegasse (Lupicínio Rodrigues / Felisberto Martins)
2. Pelo Amor Que Eu Tenho a Ela (Ataulfo Alves / Antônio Almeida)
3. Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos “Bide” / Armando “Marçal”)
4. Implorar (Kid Pepe / Germano Augusto / João Gaspar)
5. O Orvalho Vem Caindo (Noel Rosa / Kid Pepe)
6. Diz Que Tem (Haníbal Cruz / Vicente Paiva)
7. Aperto de Mão (Horondino Silva “Dino” / Jaime Florence “Meira” / Augusto Mesquita)
8. Choro Sim (Ismael Silva)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos