Sinter SLP 1714
Singer Hélio Paiva has had so far only one song (Canta Maria) presented in this parallel reality. It was part of the Souvenir Musical (1957) Fantasia/Philips showcase, posted almost a year ago.
Now he has his real career album premiere (and, unfortunately, also his goodbye) as the album presented today is not only his first, but also his last.
Unfortunately, as his rendition of Ary Barroso‘s music is really good as you will hear for yourselves if you download this album and get a chance to enjoy:
01. Faixa de Cetim (Ary Barroso)
02. Canta Maria (Ary Barroso)
03. Caboca (Ary Barroso)
04. Rei Nagô (Ary Barroso / Marcos Sandoval)
05. Hoje É Novo Dia (Ary Barroso)
06. Isto Aqui O Que É (Ary Barroso)
07. Tu (Ary Barroso)
08. Quero Dizer-te Adeus (Ary Barroso)
09. Chula-ô (Ary Barroso)
10. No Rancho Fundo (Ary Barroso / Lamartine Babo)
Looks like Ary Barroso liked Hélio‘s rendition of his songs as the back cover features not only a photograph of Ary Barroso together with Hélio, but also Ary is the writer of the linear notes.
I must stress the fact that, regardless of his vocal qualities, Hélio Paiva‘s mustache can not compete with Miltinho‘s as Miltinho is simply the first of all mustached gentlemen.
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos