Continental LPP 3107
Antônio Rago for the first time in this parallel reality.
Everything that you might ask me is already answered in the linear notes written by Gióia Júnior, so I suggest reading it.
Of course, I will tell you something that Gióia could not possibly know at the time of writing the text: After this album, which is the fifth in his career albums line-up, he has released (at least) five more.
Which instrument he plays, I can not tell you, but you might easily guess it after taking a look upon the front cover.
Enjoy Antônio performing, together with his conjunto, his own compositions:
01. Jamais Te Esquecerei (Antônio Rago / Juraci Rago)
02. Folinha (Antônio Rago)
03. Mentiroso (Antônio Rago)
04. Mambo na Glória (Antônio Rago)
05. Se Ela Voltasse (Antônio Rago)
06. Chá-chá-chá (Antônio Rago)
07. Em Tuas Mãos (Antônio Rago / Ribeiro Filho)
08. O Barão na Dança (Antônio Rago / Mário Vieira)
09. Festa Portuguesa (Antônio Rago / Mário Vieira)
10. Encantamento (Antônio Rago / Conde)
11. Boneca Japonesa (Antônio Rago / Mário Vieira)
12. Você É Meu Samba (Antônio Rago / Paulo Centrain)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
ABOUT RAGO by Nilton Antonio Rodrigues Maia:
Antonio Rago was born in São Paulo (02/07/1916) and died in that same city in 24/01/2008 (91 years old). He was Italian immigrants’ son.
He composed more than 400 musics and was one of the responsible for the introduction of electric guitar in Brazil.
He began to play acoustic guitar when he was 14 years old, started to study classical guitar in 1933 and played with some of the great Brazilian singers as Silvio Caldas, Francisco Alves e Aracy de Almeida, besides produced radio programs and taught acoustic guitar.
His musical group (“regional”) ended in the 60’s and so, Rago started to play as a soloist and launched about ten LPs.
His greatest musical idol was Américo Jacomino (“Canhoto”) and he played and recorded many of his compositions.
Rago was the first guitar player to appear in the TV when it was created in the 50’s, in Brazil (“TV Tupi” – Rio de Janeiro).