(1958) Todamérica LPP-TA-311
(1978) RGE 307.4008
First career album of the famous clarinet player Abel Ferreira, recorded 1958 for Todamérica and reissued 1978 by RGE. Covers and labels from both editions are included in this package, so you may chose which one to use to decorate your compact disc jewel case, plus it gives you the opportunity to read both back cover texts about Abel Ferreira and this recording.
Altogether beautiful music, so far probably Abel‘s best (from my point of view), accented by his daughter Vânia Ferreira‘s specific voice on three tracks.
Vânia Ferreira can also be heard on another album by Abel Ferreira from 1977 called Abel Ferreira & Filhos, where she is singing Acariciando (which is here presented as an instrumental) and on another track, singing together with Leonardo Bruno.
No idea why Vânia Ferreira has not continued her singing career, but it is a pity.
I hope that you will enjoy these tracks as much as I enjoyed them after opening the newly arrived package sent to us by Pedro & 300discos.
01. Acariciando (Abel Ferreira / Lourival Faissal)
02. Luar de Caxambu (Abel Ferreira)
03. Orchids In The Moonlight (Vincent Youmans / Gus Kahn / Edward Eliscu)
04. Suspense (Alcyr Pires Vermelho / Wilson Falcão)
05. Velho Portugal Menino (Abel Ferreira / Vânia Ferreira)
06. Constantemente (Abel Ferreira) com Vânia Ferreira
07. Deep Purple (Peter DeRose / Mitchell Parish)
08. Um Brasileiro em Hollywood (João Leal Brito ”Britinho” / Nelson Trigueiro)
09. Sonho Negro (Abel Ferreira)
10. Melancolia (Abel Ferreira / Vânia Ferreira) com Vânia Ferreira
11. Beijinho na Orelha (Abel Ferreira / Vânia Ferreira)
12. O Que Passou, Passou (Abel Ferreira / Marlene) com Vânia Ferreira
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos