Copacabana CLP 11355
Although solovox player Armando has recorded at least five LPs and as many 78 rpms spanning the period from 1954 to 1971, I must confess that I have never before heard his playing before, nor read anything about him.
This does not mean that Armando de Souza Lima is unkown. It just means that my knowledge is limited and that I am notorious for often being caught in ignorance.
Actually Armando was declared at the time as King of Solovox if I understood the back cover text in Portuguese correctly and also the article I just read on the Blog do coronel Roberto.
Enjoy the royal sound produced by the King and his conjunto:
01. Wabash Blues (Dave Ringie / Fred Meinken)
02. Aurélia (Armando)
03. It Might As Well Be Spring (Richard Rodgers / Oscar Hammerstein II)
04. I’ll Close My Eyes (B. Reid / B. Kaye)
05. Don’t Blame Me (Jimmy McHugh / Dorothy Fields)
06. Il Nostro Concerto (Umberto Bindi / Giorgio Calabrese)
07. Rio (Armando)
08. Ti Guarderó Nel Cuore (Nino Oliviero / Riz Ortolani / Marcello Ciorciolini)
09. Love Is A Many Splendored Thing (Paul Francis Webster / Sammy Fain)
10. Samba do Ba-da-tu-blim (José Bezerra / Pepe)
11. Harlem Nocturne (Earle Hagen / Dick Rogers)
12. Roberta (Luigi Naddeo / Paolo Lepore)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos