Copacabana CLP 11640
O Grupo for the first time on Parallel Realities.
The group consist of:
Quartin: Órgão, Piano, Vocal
Renato: Baixo, Vocal
Roberto: Bateria, Vocal
Márcio: Saxofone, Flauta, Clarinete
Carlinhos: Guitarra, Vocal
Jaime e Maurício: Ritmo, Vocal
Arranjos Instrumentais: Alberto Arantes
Coordenador de produção: Moacyr Silva
O Grupo (in this formation at least) has only this one album and one compacto in their discography but there were three other groups in Brazil with the same name, out of which one O Grupo with their only album released in 1968 for Odeon could, maybe be the initial O Grupo, consisting of 4 musicians) which got transformed and became another O Grupo with a different cast. The fact that leads to that conclusion is that a Jaime and a Maurício can be found in both O Grupos (rhythm and vocal).
Plus, the sond of both O Grupos is similar.
You may read more about O Grupo and their music on both covers of this LP inside a text about them, written by Sergio Bittencourt.
The remaining two O Grupos I will not mention further as the confusion is confusing enough as it is.
01. Socorro (Fred Falcão / Arnoldo Medeiros)
02. Vera Verinha (Maurício Duboc / Carlos Colla)
03. Yarabela (Toninho Horta)
04. Lá Vai Ela (Eduardo Souto Neto / Sérgio Bittencourt)
05. Canção Para Inglês Ver (Lamartine Babo)
06. Vogue (Renato Amorim)
07. Não Te Conheço Não (Fred Falcão / Arnoldo Medeiros)
08. Senhores do Mundo (Roberto Quartin)
09. Matilda (Harry Thomas)
10. Bloco da Solidão (Jair Amorim / Evaldo Gouveia)
11. O Problema Dela (José Luis Amalio / Reinaldo Pimenta)
12. E Coisa e Tal (Eduardo Souto Neto / Sérgio Bittencourt)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos