Discos Drink LP-DF-13.011
Araken Peixoto has been featured two times on Parallel Realities playing as member of Djalma Ferreira‘a conjunto.
Now we have the opportunity to enjoy his solo album, recorded for Discos Drink, a company run by Djalma Ferreira. Araken has another album released for the same high spirited recording label, which has, by the way, published (as far as I could find out) altogether 11 albums, most of them starring, no surprise here, Djalma Ferreira with his conjunto.
The back cover displays a detailed text about Araken‘s personal life and career, written by the mIsterious Mister ECO .
The musicians playing together with Araken are:
Julinho e Canseira (Ritmo)
The compositions performed are
01. Isto É Samba (J. Canseira / Paulo Silva)
02. A Canção Que Nasceu do Amor (Rildo Hora / Clóvis Mello)
03. Amei Demais (Anselmo Mazzoni) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
04. Johnny Guitar (Victor Young / Peggy Lee)
05. Reza Por Nosso Amor (Haroldo Lobo / Milton de Oliveira)
06. Vai Amor (Izaias Ferreira / Jorge de Oliveira)
07. Larga o Meu Pé (Monsueto / Aloísio França) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
08. Serenata do Adeus (Vinicius de Moraes)
09. Aprendeu a Lição (Ataulfo Alves / Luiz Bandeira) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
10. Passo do Elefantinho (Henry Mancini)
11. Manda Brasa (Pega Lenha) (Luiz Bandeira) Vocal: Araken Peixoto
12. Moon River (Henry Mancini / Johnny Mercer)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
PROBABLE RELEASE DATE by Brazilliance:
I assume, this fine album is from 1963 because the earliest verifiable recording of A Canção Que Nasceu do Amor is also from 1963 by Araken‘s brother Cauby Peixoto. Unfortunately, the catalogue numbers of Discos Drink are not exactly in chronological order which is why they are not reliable.