Tower ST 5058
A selection of songs by the great Walter Wanderley, taken mostly from Samba No Esquema (presented on Parallel Realities, but deleted from server) for a North American audience, released by Tower, a recording company based in the USA.
To make it more clear and understandable to the targeted public, the company has also translated the song titles to English, adding to the confusion they have created with the back cover vs. labels list, so I added the original titles in brackets (to add to the confusion).
1. As Samba No Esquema got deleted for the usual reasons, so despite the fact that the upload of Murmurio went OK, i suggest to grab it today to avoid tomorrow the DOWNLOAD YESTERDAY advice.
2. Don’t bother with the track listing, but close your eyes and drift away on organ waves to another time and space with:
01. Murmúrio (Djalma Ferreira / Luiz Antonio)
02. The Girl From Ipanema (Garota de Ipanema) (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
03. Zé From Conceição (Zé da Conceição) (João Roberto Kelly)
04. Only Samba (Samba Só) (Walter Santos / Tereza Souza)
05. I Only Dance The Samba (Só Danço Samba) (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
06. What Do I Like About You (O Que Eu Gosto de Você) (Silvio César)
07. Airplane Samba (Samba do Avião) (Tom Jobim)
08. Samba On The Beach (Bossa Na Praia) (Pery Ribeiro / Geraldo Cunha)
09. Melancholy (Melancolia) (Denis Brean)
10. The Brazilian Samba (Claribalte Passos)
The list of musicians on this album is:
Walter Wanderley: Órgão
Edgard Gianullo ”Jacó”: Guitarra
Newton Bola: Sax tenor
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos