Polydor LPNG 4083
A short time ago, I was trying to find some Rumba music across the net, but with meager results. Of course, there are contemporary bands performing a Rumba here and there, but the only full Rumba album I was able to find was an LP by Xavier Cugat…
By coincidence or telepathy, Pedro enclosed just what I wanted into the newest package:
A Polydor collection of Rumba music, if I understood the Portuguese text on the back cover correctly, a ’64 rendition of well known hits, unfortunately without the name of the performers written on the covers.
Anyway, whoever performs these tracks has done it perfectly:
01. Se Va El Caimã (José Maria Penaranda)
02. Rumba Blanca (Armando Orefiche)
03. Tropical Magic (Harry Warren / Mack Gordon)
04. Maria La O (Ernesto Lecuona)
05. Vereda Tropical (Gonzalo Curiel)
06. Babalú (Margarita Lecuona)
07. Rumba Azul (Armando Orefiche)
08. Taboo (Margarita Lecuona)
09. Negra Consentida (Joaquim Pardavé)
10. Aquellos Ojos Verdes (Nilo Menendez / Adolfo Utrera)
11. Carioca (Vincent Youmans / Gus Kahn / Edward Eliscu)
12. Rumba Internacional (Armando Orefiche)
RUMBA ‘N‘ RUM X 2 – DOWNLOAD YESTERDAY
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
FRONT COVER MODEL IDENTIFIED by Alberto:
A bonitona da Capa do LP Rumbas Inolvidables Nº2, é a vedete cubana Gladys Ibanez, que fez teatro de revista no Braisl, nos anos 50 e 60.
Por onde andará?