Musidisc Hi-Fi 2130
As much as I try not to voice my own opinion, there are times when it is difficult for me not to do so.
Now is one of such moments: The premiere of Nanai on Parallel Realities is more than just a pleasant surprise. A live recording full of good atmosphere, with all the sounds the guests in the (small) club usually make recorded along. Straightforward, strong and addictive. I could not stop spinning it countless times ever since I first heard it.
About Nanai I know nothing, and even the text on the back cover (which was damaged) has not been possible to restore to the point that I could read it, but I suppose he is the singer. A cool, unpretentious voice, accompanied with a conjunto that has the rhythm in their bones.
Sounds like cachaça had been poured straight from barrels:
01. Garota Moderna (Jair Amorim / Evaldo Gouveia)
Diz Que Fui Por Aí (Zé Keti / Hortêncio Rocha)
02. Garota de Ipanema (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
Acender As Velas (Zé Keti)
03. Opinião (Zé Keti)
04. Corcovado (Tom Jobim)
05. Eu Quero Um Samba (Haroldo Barbosa / Janet de Almeida)
06. Valsa de Uma Cidade (Ismael Netto / Antônio Maria)
07. Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos “Bide” / Armando “Marçal”)
Leva Meu Samba (Ataulfo Alves)
Emília (Wilson Batista / Haroldo Lobo)
08. Ai Que Saudades da Amélia (Ataulfo Alves / Mário Lago)
Já Vai? (Rubens Campos / Duba / Evaldo Ruy)
09. Pastorinhas (João de Barro / Noel Rosa)
Mal-Me-Quer (Cristóvão de Alencar / Newton Teixeira)
10. Não Tive Tempo (Haroldo Barbosa / Nanai)
11. Se Acaso Você Chegasse (Lupicínio Rodrigues / Felisberto Martins)
The tracks are included individually but also as two tracks: Lado A and Lado B without interruption.
The phrase which was legible on the back cover is:
GRAVADO AO MUITO VIVO New link
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
INFO FROM THE NET by Bossanov:
Just found info on the net about the great Geraldinho Vespar‘s participation in this show.
MORE ABOUT NANAI by Sidney Ferreira:
O violonista e compositor Arnaldo Humberto de Medeiros, conhecido como Nanai integrou o grupo vocal Os Namorados da Lua e depois, a sexta formação do conjunto vocal Anjos do Inferno, ao lado de Léo Villar, Chicão (Francisco Guimarães Coimbra) e Miltinho (Milton Santos de Almeida), apresentando-se nos EUA (junto de Carmen Miranda), no México, na Argentina e no Chile!!!