Another package from our friend Alfredo Del-Penho with his scans and transfers of several recordings by the legendary Trio Surdina has just arrived.
The first one to be posted out of it is a 10′ LP from 1956 (from my point of view, a very good vintage year).
Yes, your guess is correct: The lady on the front cover was the determining factor for chosing which record to post first.
Trio Surdina at that time was:
Al Quincas: Violino
Nestor Campos: Violão
El Gaúcho: Acordeom
Lado A – MD 243:
01. Mattinata (Leoncavallo)
02. Sal e Pimenta (Nazareno de Brito / Newton Ramalho)
03. Over The Rainbow (Harold Arlen / Edgar Yipsel Harburg)
04. Molambo (Jaime Florence “Meira” / Augusto Mesquita)
Lado B – MD 244:
05. Ojos Verdes (Utrera / Nilo Menendez)
06. J’attendrai (D. Olivieri)
07. Serenade (Enrico Toselli)
08. Porque Brilham os Teus Olhos (Fernando César)
THE LADY ON THE FRONT COVER
Créditos: Alfredo Del-Penho