Copacabana CLP 11090
Italy is quite nearby and I have been there countless times, just for fun. Unfortunately, this beautiful country and nice people are going through a hard time these days: Political correctness, poverty, unemployment, exorbitant prizes in cafés and restaurants, curfew after shops closure, combined with the complete standard EU crap have made it less pleasant to visit, and as the Italians say themselves, unpleasant to live in.
Unfortunately, the Italians are not in a position to make things better neither for themselves, nor for their country, as Italy is under military occupation since the end of WWII without any chance to be liberated soon.
The height of humiliation is that the Italians are forced to look upon the occupation troops as their own armed force, and even to contribute in war crimes that this force is committing worldwide.
You may ask: Why this lament about Italy?
The answer is simple: I love Italy, so much that I even learned to speak Italian.
Unfortunately, I have not spoken it for more than 20 years.
Probably, Chaim Lewak, Moacy Silva’s legendary piano player, felt the same as among the few of career albums he published, this one, sent to us by Anonymous & 300 discos, is full of rendition of Italian songs, performed in a distinctive Brasilian way.
The compositions are:
01. Ilha De Capri (Will Gross / Jimmy Kennedy)
02. Torna A Surriento (Ernesto de Curtis)
03. Mattinata (Leoncavallo)
04. Te Vojo Ben (B. Bidoli)
05. Luna Rossa (A. Avian / V. de Crescenzo)
06. Oh Marie (Eduardo Di Capua / Vincenzo Russo)
07. Vieni Sul Mar (Tradicional)
08. Accarezzame (Pino Calvi / Nisa)
09. Santa Lúcia (Tradicional)
10. Una Furtiva Lagrima (G. Donizetti)
11. Dicitencello Vuie (R. Falvo / E. Fusco)
12. Munasterio ‘e Santa Chiara (Barberis / Galdieri)
Créditos: Anonymous & 300 discos